3/11/2009 07:45:00 PM

Yoga X

Today's Yoga X class was intense. I practiced with the door open in the room, inviting the sounds of the creek to play with me. The Ashtanga Vinyasa flows sure left my hamstrings burning and my triceps shaking from yesterdays arm workout. One thing I loved about this workout is the amount of time we held each posture. I practice Bikram Yoga and we hold the first set of a posture for 1 minute and the second set for 30 seconds. The P90X program is set up so you are performing each exercise for 30 seconds to 1 minute, and then moving on to another exercise. I have not been bored with any of the workouts and each new exercise challenges me to work harder.

While Yoga X is not for beginners, it is just as important as any of the other dvds in the box. In my former years of training I never stretched very much at all, causing all sorts of stiffness and injuries which would have been avoided if I just stretched for a few hours a week. The X Stretch dvd can be used on your rest day if you choose to do something. I can see myself using this Yoga class during the week when I want more of a stretch after another workout.

What I ate and drank today:

Morning Calli Tea and 1 Beauty Pearl

Morning Smoothie: Half of an apple, 1 banana, coconut water, 1 T chia seeds, Mixed Berry NuPlus, Quinary, Alpha20C, pinch pink Himalayan sea salt, Udos oils, handful of spinach.

5 Metabooster, 1 Top, 1 Bella, 2 Assimilaid, 2 Citric C, 2 MetaShaper, 2 Lifestream

Lunch: 2 Pieces of buckwheat bread with avocados and tomatoes.

Dinner: 2 Slices Raw Pizza with Red Bell Peppers, a side salad with a Creamy Orange-Sesame Dressing and Quantum Nutritional Flakes.

1 Scoop Regular NuPlus, 1 Quinary, 1 Alpha 20 C before bed

1 T Udos Oil

0 comments: